Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sat, Oct 30

It's been four weeks after my second and last race this season, and three weeks since I went cycling last time, when we rode 122 miles with approximately 7000 ft ob climbing on that weekend. It feels like I have meanwhile dropped off the face of the cycling earth. A big thanks here goes to a new work project I had taken on, but which is now coming to completion. The time on weekends was spent on either watching the rain, or showing my colleagues and friends from China a bit of California. So instead of riding miles on the bike, it was driving Audi for about 900 miles while visiting Lake Tahoe and Hearst Castle. It was time well spent and everyone enjoyed the trips. Cycling will resume in a week from tomorrow when my annual, personal cycling camp in Maui begins; two weeks of "bike, eat, Mai Tai, sleep, repeat" deserved enjoyment. And once back, it is already time getting organized for the 2011 race season. My ambitions are to survive the literal Early Bird Criteriums in January, and then have fun and no crashes while attending races throughout the season. It seems it will be a busy year, juggling all the cycling activity, with my now regular trip to China, with work, and with everything and everyone else that demands my time.

No comments: