Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tue, Jun 16

It's been awhile since my last post. Thanks to the cool and rainy spring, a 4 1/2 week trip to China, and some time to recuperate from the trip, I was off the bike for a total of 8 weeks. This obviously comes at a price, and cycling since added 268 miles in 3 weeks, but I clearly have been feeling the loss of fitness and strength. Diablo Summit was attempted three times but only conquered once, and every time I felt the "Registration for Mount Diablo Challenge is OPEN" looming over my head. Too early to make a decision. About half time into this year, and the 2010 cycling goals are still non-existent. Even lunch rides are falling victim to the World Cup, a cold, and still the occasional day where it feels like winter. I think I need to take it easy this year, and maybe enjoy more the kind of cycling we did last weekend: riding from winery to winery, while accumulating miles and promille at the same time. Or just drink, for a change.

No comments: