Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wed, Jan 27 - Apple iPad and the Epic Whining on the Internet

What this has to do with cycling ? Nothing really.

Today, Apple announced its much anticipated tablet computer, the iPad. I didn't follow the presentation closely, and while I was not thrown off my chair by the iPad, a bigger version of the iPod Touch, I didn't see it as what whiners on the Internet described as "Epic Failure". These whiners'^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcritics' comments ranged from "This is terrible. A flop that will set Apple back at least two years", "Where’s the DVD drive?" to "No phone, no Google voice, no camera, no flash, no PDF support, no expandable memory …. No thanks Steve. No deal!" and "lets sell all Apple stocks before is too late!!!" ... woah.

Well, let me chip in with the whining:

1. 64GB flash drive? Are you kidding me ? My Espresso machine has a larger disk. 1 TB is the minimum.

2. 3G only ? What about 4G ? Or 5G for that matter (wait, wasn't this the acceleration that the iPad can sustain ?)

3. Can't make phone calls, can't use as a TiVo, can't use it as a Slingbox ... this thing is USELESS !

4. I really expected an entry-level price of $79.99. I mean for such a useless computer, asking for $499 ???

5. Even if it had one camera, I need two, or better, three. Need to shoot 3D movies.

6. And Yes, where's the DVD drive ? And the second DVD drive to make drive-to-drive copies ? Not even mentioning an 5.25" floppy drive.

7. The screen is too small. I mean, do I need a magnifying glass to use it ? Everyone here in the office has a 24" LCD monitor, so why does the iPad only come with this tiny 9.7" screen ?

8. No built-in FM tuner, how in the world should I listen to radio now ?

I think I can find many more points to whine about. What was Apple thinking ???

< /sarcasm >

1 comment:

Scott S said...

Where'd you get that espresso machine? :)

I agree, but Apple lovers will love it no matter what.

I love the concept, and if I could take the screen off my Dell Latitude D820 and not lose and functionality, and be able to write on the screen - I'd be in heaven.

I'll be linking to your page...