Monday, November 9, 2009

Mon, Nov 9

Day 2 in Maui. The motto for this vacation is "Bike, Mai Tai, Eat, Sleep, Repeat" (or any other order). Started with a Mai-Tai yesterday after I arrived, and in the morning today, I picked up the rental bike from Donnie Arnoult's Maui Cyclery, and rode 55 miles from Paia to Keanae Peninsula and back. The route is Hana Highway, and despite the rolling (5678 ft of climbing out and back), narrow and winding road, it's actually fun riding this stretch because cars are usually slower, and at times even can't pass. So the road belongs to you. At Keanae Peninsula I stopped for a few minutes before heading back. 27 miles later, back in Paia, it was time for lunch. Thanks to someone who forgot to put mushrooms on my 12" pizza at the Flatbread Company, I got to enjoy two pizzas for the prize of one. If you like pizza and come to Paia, this is the place to go. After returning to Kaanapali, I met up with two friends, who had just arrived and were thirsty for some drinks, and this is how we ended up having a couple of Happy Hour Mai-Tai's. Wasn't this a perfect day ? Now it's time to sleep; the bike wants to ride at 7am.

No comments: