Friday, September 4, 2009

Fri, Sep 4

Now it can't be undone: I registered for the 2009 Mount Diablo Challenge.


The race uphill for 10.8 miles and 3249 ft of elevation is 30 days away. After last year's absence due to injury, I have to make good on my original goal: "riding the 2008 Mount Diablo Challenge on a new bike in 1:20h or less". The bike is not so new anymore, and it's 2009 now. I've beaten 1:20h before, but not as part of this race, so this time it counts.

I haven't trained explicitly for this year's race as I did in 2007, but for the fun of it, I'll start a training log for the remaining 4 weeks and change.

Saturday:
too hot; instead, worked in the back yard, enjoyed red wine and tiramisu.

Sunday:

35.4 miles, 2:16h total, mostly flat, except going up to Diablo's 1000ft marker. Maybe I indulged too much last night ?

Monday:

Traditional rest day.

Tuesday:

Lunch ride to Sawyer Camp Trail and back, 1:04h, 15.1 miles, with Bill.

Wednesday:

Spin class, 1 hour.

Thursday:

Lunch ride to Coyote Point and back, by myself, 30 min out, 24 min back, 18.3 miles.

Friday:

The original, traditional rest day, where the emphasis is on having beer at lunch.

Total: 68.8 miles, 5:14h.

No comments: