Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sun, Nov 2

The weather was my friend today as we got a break from the rain. Headed over the hills to Pleasanton to ride to Walnut Creek and back. Diablo looked inviting, but I didn't trust the weather. Between Danville and Alamo, Chris Phipps and friends from the Morgan Stanley / 24 Hour Fitness / Specialized Cycling Team passed me, so I drafted them at about 28 mph until Rutgear Rd. Returned via Olympic and Tice Valley Blvd. Today's mileage: 34.4, average 18.4 mph.

In a week from today I'll be sitting at the beach in Maui, and enjoying just about everything there. Instead of schlepping my bike there, I'll rent one from West Maui Cycles, and hope to get some of the 830 miles done which I am short of to reach 3000 miles for the year. The plan for Wed, Nov 12, is to ride up Haleakala, with Donnie Arnoult's Go Cycling Maui. Aloha!

Evening Sky over SF Bay

No comments: