Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sun, Oct 12: Diablo

2-for-2 in Diablo rides this weekend ... today it was more windy than yesterday, so instead of riding up to the Summit, I took the North Gate downhill and returned via Walnut Creek back to Danville. Part of why I don't like the North Gate route, is that I need to take dreaded Ygnacio Valley Road to get from/to S. Broadway / Rudgear, unless you want to risk getting lost in some neighborhood. If you're familiar with the area, it would definitely be a safer choice.

2008 riding stats (2007 stats in parenthesis) as of 10/12:
#of rides: 63 (68), annual mileage: 1916 (2548), pace: 2446.

The 3000-mile goal has moved far far to the horizon, and I will probably not even reach last year's mileage (2716); however, I hope to catch up a bit during next month's 2-week stay on Maui.

3 comments:

Diablo Scott said...

Part of why I don't like the North Gate route, is that I need to take dreaded Ygnacio Valley Road to get from/to S. Broadway / Rudgear, unless you want to risk getting lost in some neighborhood.

Instead of turning left at YVR, continue on Bancroft or San Carlos (through Heather Farm) to get to the Canal Trail. Left on Canal Trail, another left on Iron Horse Trail and that'll take you back on Danville Blvd. Only adds about a mile and is much more pleasant.

Regards.

Diablo Scott said...

My Bikely Map:

http://tinyurl.com/4maydj

pommi said...

Thanks, Diablo Scott; will try this route next time.