Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tue, Sep 30: Diablo Tuesdays

This afternoon I had an appointment with my doctor to check on the progress of my recovery. Except "lifting heavy weights, and falling", I'm allowed to do any activity. This and the fact that the hospital is about 10 miles from Mount Diablo, facilitated my decision to take all of the afternoon off, and ride the mountain. It was a little warm, around 90F, when I started in Danville, and by the time I reached South Gate, I was close to just turning around. After South Gate, the temperature is usually a little cooler, and so as always, I tell myself "if you're already here, you can also ride to Junction", so I made my way to Juniper, Devil's Elbow, Lower Parking Lot, and finally to the Summit.

It's good in a sense to not participate in Sunday's Diablo Challenge, as I might disgracefully reach a new PWR ... personal worst record, considering today was only the third bike ride in 6 weeks; but I will be at Athenian School in Danville Sunday morning to hand out bib's and time chips. See you there.

No comments: