Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Diablo Ride

A slight hangover and cool temperatures did not prevent me this early afternoon of paying Mount Diablo a visit on my bike. It felt good to be riding again, especially for the purpose of beginning the New Year with a good effort. Many cyclists had the same idea, and it seemed like just any other Sunday during warmer seasons, considering the drones of riders going up or down the mountain.
On the way up to South Gate, a rider zoomed down by me, and he looked awfully like Levi; I was also on the lookout for TBV, but I'm not sure whether or not he actually made it out to Diablo today. The Junction was my final destination today; the Summit has to wait for another day.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

robin.purcell said...

Zooming bikes is right! See my blog entry about walking on South Gate yesterday.Robinpurcellwalks.blogspot.com