Friday, December 7, 2007

Zhongguo zai jian

Today's my last day here in Shenzhen, China. In about three hours I will board the ferry from Shekou to the Hongkong Airport, and in about seven hours I'll be airborne, en route back to the States.

After having spent five weeks here and gotten accustomed to the different life here, it's a little sad to leave, but at the same I'm looking forward going home to my regular life. I know it will take a little bit of time to adjust back, and I sure will miss China and its hospitable people. If it weren't for a few not so pleasant circumstances (e.g. air pollution, not many possibilities to safely ride a bike, let alone no hills/mountains to climb), I would probably agree to my wife's wish to move to China with her, but the verdict is still pending; time will tell.

No comments: