Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back on the bike

Although it was rather chilly today, I finally decided to go out for a short bike ride. This was my first ride in 55 days, and I didn't feel as bad as I anticipated it. "Short ride" usually means just zooming down the hill to CSU East Bay, circling the campus 10 times, and then climbing the 12% average grade back to my house, for a total of 17.6 miles.

This picture was from when my finger tips and toes were still quite comfortably warm.

My total mileage for the year stands at 2683 miles (4293 km), which is 31% more than last year (yes, I'm one of those nerds who records every pedal stroke). Apart from my previously stated goal of riding the 2008 Mount Diablo Challenge on a new bike in 1:20h or less, I'm thinking of riding up Haleakala in November; 38 miles, from sea level to the summit at 10023 feet.

If anyone is interested in joining, drop me a note.

Happy Holidays to everyone, and always be safe out there !

No comments: