Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sun, Feb 4

It's Super Bowl Sunday. Not that I care about American Football; really, I don't. Sunshine and temperatures in the mid-60s brought out many cyclists. What I appreciated today was the fact that while passing through some urban areas on my 55.2-mile ride, there were far fewer people on the road than usually. Can't there be Super Bowl every weekend ? After I returned home, I turned on the TV and felt no pity for these guys playing football during pouring rain in Miami; it could be worse and they could be playing in Green Bay ...
I miss the time in Hawaii now, and obviously I haven't followed the cycling news recently. Other than a possible postponement of Landis' Feb 8 hearing in France, there doesn't seem to be big news. And apparently, all participants at Floyd's Power Training Camp, were all excited about their time in Temecula, CA. TBV has managed to obtain route maps of the rides and uploaded them to bikely.com.

2 comments:

Debby said...

My husband (http://suitcaseofcourage/typepad.com) and I are completely with you on this, except that it's too cold here to ride outside, so we were pedaling in the basement on the trainer. Enjoy that sun for us! :)

Debby said...

Sorry for the typo...it's
http://suitcaseofcourage.typepad.com.