Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sun, Jan 14

About 1pm, and my outside thermometer tells me a pathetic 45 degrees Fahrenheit. This is still about 10 degrees below my personal comfort level, and assuming that it won't significantly turn for the better in the next hour or so, I'll be turning my attention later to garden work instead.

Someone in my company FINALLY "decided" that Martin Luther King Day is a holiday, so tomorrow I'll have another shot of getting some mileage in for the extended weekend.

At 7pm, we're back down to 40 degrees. The bike took a break (again), but now I'm counting down the minutes until Season 6 of "24" starts. Jack Bauer will return from a Chinese prison, and I'm always watching closely to detect any clichee or stereotype about China or the Chinese in the US media. At least, Rosie O'Donnell won't be starring; she had her foot-in-mouth moment.

No comments: