Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sat, Jan 20

Finally, the thermometer made is above the dreaded 54F mark, so I took my bike, sporting an aerobar now, out for a 2 1/2 hour, 43.5-mile ride across and along the East Bay Hills. I still need to figure out whether the aerobar made me really faster, or whether this is all in my head; for sure, I LOOK faster. The most difficult part of the aerobar installation was and actually still is, finding a new place for the cycling computer, from where I can see it all the time from any position. The bike is objectively heavier just judging by the torque on the handle bar, but overall, the aerobar is a win just by reduction of headwind resistance.

Note to myself: avoid mentioning the short form of Richard P's first name; apparently this draws traffic from p0r|\| sites.

No comments: